$30.00 On Sale
Wood - Lefse or Bread Board
11" x 13.75" (20180627LB)
Lefse Recipe (Instant Mash Potatoes???)
3 cups instant mashed potato flakes
1 cup water
2 tablespoons margarine or butter
2 teaspoons salt
1 cup milk
3/4 to 1 cup all-purpose flour
1. Heat electric lefse griddle or electric skillet to highest temperature setting (DO NOT GREASE GRIDDLE OR SKILLET). Measure potato flakes into large bowl. In small saucepan, heat water, margarine and salt to a rolling boil. Remove from heat; add milk. Add liquid all at once to potato flakes, stirring until all flakes are moistened. (Mixture will be crumbly.)
2. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. Gradually add flour to potato mixture, working with hands until soft dough forms and is of rolling consistency. (Avoid adding too much flour.)
3. Shape dough into a roll 10 inches long and about 2 inches in diameter. Cut roll into 1/2-inch slices. Cover with plastic wrap while rolling out each lefse.
4. On well-floured pastry cloth, roll out 1 slice of dough until paper thin* (SEE NOTE). With lefse stick or long spatula, transfer to heated griddle. Bake about 1 minute or until brown spots appear on bottom surface. Turn; bake other side about 30 to 45 seconds. Place baked lefse between cloth towels to prevent it from drying out. Repeat with remaining slices. Cool completely before storing in plastic bag.
5. To serve, spread with butter; sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon or brown sugar. Fold into quarters or roll up.
Makes 20 lefse.